Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

(8) THEY SAY MY ILLUSIONS ARE MANY; THEY SMILE AT THE THINGS I BELIEVE.

                                                         BRINGING UP MOTHER
                                                                           
                                                My children don't purposely pain me.  

                                                They mean to be patient, I know,
           
                                                As gently but firmly they train me

                                                In the way that a mother should go.


                                                They say my illusions are many;

                                                They smile at the things I believe.

                                                (My reasoning process (if any),

                                                They laughingly label naive.


                                                Do you think I resent them?  No, never.

                                                I accept all the training they give,

                                                For I hope to be modern and clever

                                                By the time that I die--if I live!



No comments:

Post a Comment