Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

(9) A GHOST IT IS THAT FOLLOWS HIM AND SETTLES AT HIS SIDE.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Rendezvous

                           When Himself's behind his paper and the childer sleepin' sound,

                           And the moon's a winkin' lantern throwin' shadows all around,

                           Forsakin' fire and hearthstone, down the Way of Dreams I start
                          
                           To meet my darlin' truelove in a corner of my heart.
                        


                           His voice is like the west-wind when it whispers low and sweet,

                           His words are like the poppies that be growin' in the wheat.

                           I forget the bangin' shutters and the candle's sleepy stare,

                           When I meet my laughin' truelove where he's waitin' for me there.
                           

                           When Himself has grown a-weary in the cozy evenin' tide,

                           A ghost it is that follows him and settles at his side.

                           I'll be so true and faithful that he'll never know, shall he,

                           I go to meet the laughin' lad, the lad he used to be!


No comments:

Post a Comment