Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2017

I WAS STARTLED AWAKE BY A HAND ON MY SHOULDER. (6)

From: Barbara Malley
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015
To: kkmalley
Subject: knock on door

     I had terrible insomnia night before last, found myself getting sleepy while reading yesterday afternoon, so I put aside my book and curled up for a nap.  A little later I was startled awake by a hand on my shoulder.  It was a security guy, who said he had knocked on my door and got no answer.  Of course my hearing aids were turned off, but I’ll never understand why he was checking on cross-eyed, wigless sound-asleep me at that early afternoon hour in the first place.  It was a depressing, degrading experience.  (I may have accidentally triggered the alarm cord behind my bed.)
Love,
Mom 
Comment July 2, 2016  I should explain that Security does the rounds of the L. P. halls, usually in the morning, to make sure no one has croaked or is in need of help.  Residents are supposed to open and close their front doors every morning in order to make a small brass gadget drop down from its place on the upper right side of said door. If we fail to do this, the Security employee knocks briskly. On the occasion above, I assume the employee had been held up for some reason and had to postpone his rounds until afternoon.  
From: kathieMM
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2015 11:56 AM
To: Barbara Malley
Subject: RE: knock on door

Oh dear. I can see how embarrassing that must have been.
Oh my poor mommy.
Love
kk

No comments:

Post a Comment