Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

THE LITTLE PERSON

 
       When I was walking in a wood beside a meadow wall
       I met a little person who was very, very small.
       In fact, he was so tiny, he was scarcely there at all!

       The little person stared at me while half a minute fled.
       Then looking wise for one his size:  "You can't be real!"
       he said.
       "You're something I've imagined in my clever little head!"

       The little person turned and ran, and quickly I did, too,
       Because it really startles you and scares you through and
       through,
       When a little guy six inches high thinks he's imagined you!
                                                Ernestine Cobern Beyer               
                                   

                                                                              Leo Harrington 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment