Pages

Friday, June 3, 2016

MISSING NAUGHTY NUDIES

October 23, 2015
Linden Ponds
Hi Maureen,
     It’s a long shot, but I wondered if you had ever seen the 2011 calendar at the home of any of your friends.  I brought two of them to that big party you had and then foolishly lost track of them.  At least one of your guests was light-fingered, to put it politely.  All I have left of the Linden Ponds Naughty Nudies is this one of Winston Hall. 
  
COOL CUSTOMER WINSTON HALL
October 23, 2015                             
From daughter-in-law Maureen
Hi Barbara,
      I'm sorry but I haven't seen it anywhere. I wonder if it could still be at the house on Border St?  I could look online and see if I could find one for you.
     I hope you are enjoying Linden Ponds. I have suggested to my Aunt Edna that she consider moving there.
     Only about a month to go before Kaitlin's latest edition arrives!
October 23, 2015
To Maureen
     I would be thrilled if you could find another calendar. I tried Googling Linden Ponds 2011 calendar with no results.  
     Only a month to go!  And Kaitlin knows it’s a boy?  Welcome and loved, for sure, by all his brothers.  I'm picturing five teenagers and feeling faint!
Excerpt from Louisa May Alcott’s Little Men :
     The house seemed swarming with boys, who were beguiling the rainy twilight with all sorts of amusements. There were boys everywhere, "up-stairs and down-stairs and in the lady's chamber," Various open doors showed pleasant groups of big boys, little boys, and middle-sized boys in all stages of evening relaxation, not to say effervescence. Two large rooms on the right were evidently schoolrooms, for desks, maps, blackboards, and books were scattered about. An open fire burned on the hearth, and several indolent lads lay on their backs before it, discussing a new cricket-ground, with such animation that their boots waved in the air. A tall youth was practicing on the flute in one corner, quite undisturbed by the racket all about him. Two or three others were jumping over the desks, pausing, now and then, to get their breath and laugh at the droll sketches of a little wag who was caricaturing the whole household on a blackboard. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment