Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2018

(7) I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE, TIMMY.

         ODE TO TIMMY
A LITTLE BOY NAMED TIMMY STILL EXISTS, LIKE PETER PAN.


I Know You're Out There, Timmy

it's no more bizarre than men

walking around

on the moon

no question a little boy named

Timmy still exists, like Peter Pan,
       
never grew up,  never a rebellious

teenager, never a flower child,

never a confirmed bachelor

Too strong a personality to be erased

without an argument  hey Timmy usually won his arguments

Standing on a chair next to the stove, coaching . . . "Turn them now, Ma!" 

(the only one to call me Ma).   "Kathryn says when the

bubbles come through, it's time to turn the pancakes. 

Quick, you're going to burn them!"

"Listen, son

I was making pancakes before you were born."

(Peering up to see if I am serious),

"You ‑ were ‑ not!  How could I eat 'em?"

He had a point, always did.

Timmy was‑‑is‑‑an unusually 

sensitive little boy.  Who else would come to his

mother at bedtime and announce, "Ma, I'm sorry

about all the naughty things I did today . . . and I'm sorry

about all the naughty things

I'm going to do tomorrow."

Now Big Tim has done the ultimate

naughty thing and gotten a girl pregnant 

Smitten with Kathy, changed his mind about

bachelorhood,  hopes for a girl

like winsome stepdaughter, Lauren, while I

yes I definitely lean toward a  flesh‑and‑blood Timmy jr 

more huggable than the other Timmy who's out

there somewhere, I just know it, driving people

crazy and/or making them laugh

if you  see him, tell him

Ma still loves him.

Mother's Day Message from Grown-up Timmy 2014
       The word after patient is Love, if anyone is wondering, followed by Your little Timmy.                                 
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment