Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Passing

Dear friends of Barbara and her Tears and Laughter blog.

I regret to inform you that my mom, Barbara, passed away last September at age 97 after a full  and productive life. Her blog was a joy to her in her final years. Many thanks to all of you who visited.
She loved checking her stats.

Mom requested that anyone wanting to honor her memory and show some remembrance send a donation to the nonprofit, Engaging Peace, Inc., to which she also contributed regularly with both donations and comments.  You can send checks made out to Engaging Peace, Inc. to 99 Country Lane, Westwood MA 02090.

Mom's memoir, which I helped her write during her final year, is entitled The Path:Tears and Laughter through the Generations, is available at Amazon.com. It was published just a few months before her passing; you may have seen the announcement on this blog. If you enjoyed her posts through the years, I think you will enjoy the memoir--full of photos plus some additional poems and stories.

My brother Tim and I waited for good weather and an end to his frequent out of state trips to schedule her memorial gathering.

The event will be this coming Saturday, June 29, at noon, at Linden Ponds, the retirement community in Hingham, MA, where she lived the last few years before coming to spend her final days with me.  If you live near Hingham, I hope you will come. The luncheon memorial gathering will be in the catering room in the Derby Clubhouse at Linden Ponds,  Hingham, MA. My brother and I would love meeting some of her fans.

I miss her but appreciate the legacy she has left and hope that you were able to share in her tears and laughter yourselves.

Sincerely,
Kathie Malley-Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment