Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

(2) WHAT'S IN A NAME, SAYS SHAKESPEARE. AN ABUNDANCE OF CONFUSION, SAYS I.

From: Barbara Malley
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2014
To: 'Barbara Ganem'
Subject: RE: lost painting
It’s after midnight, and I’ve been unable to go to sleep due to thoughts about my lost painting.  Suddenly I remembered your message below. My Awesome Adventures painting is hanging here in my study.  Could it be that the “Awesome Adventures” hanging in Rose Court is the one I thought was lost?  Someone might have thought I had given the subject, a kitten looking at a turtle, the title Awesome Adventures. 
                                                                                       
From: Barbara Ganem 
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2014
To: Barbara Malley 
Subject: Re: lost painting
I am the person you're looking for.  On November 5th you submitted a watercolor and ink painting named Awesome Adventures to be hung in the cafe. However, there was no room and the extra paintings were sent to be hung at Rose Court with the understanding of the artists.That is where Awesome Adventures is now.
Barbara Ganem
From: Barbara Malley 
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2014 9:12 AM
To: Tim Malley
Subject: RE: lost painting
Hi Tim – The next time you come to Linden Ponds, please go to Rose Court and ask someone how to get to the area where residents’ pictures are displayed and see if my kitten and turtle are there.        
Quote:  “The extra paintings were sent to be hung at Rose Court with the understanding of the artists.” 
Glitch:  No one notified me that my painting had been moved from the Arts Room to Rose Court.
Mom
December 5, 2014
Tim brought me my no longer lost painting.  I was debating whether to hug it or him when he said, "Don't I get a hug?"  So I joyfully hugged both of them. The imperfections in the background area are in this copy, not in the original under glass.
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment