Pages

Monday, June 5, 2017

MAKING CHOICES IS IMPOSSIBLE.

 June 5, 2017 Also impossible is figuring out where to insert this post about the trauma of moving from a condominium in Weymouth to Linden Ponds, a retirement community in Hingham..

April 2, 2015
     I no longer have to use capital letters to see what I'm typing.  So all is well, except the surgery on my right eye resulted in the left one turning inward.  Wearing lavender-tinted glasses helps, and recently I started applying under-liner and lavender eye-shadow on both eyes. Yesterday a fellow inmate at Linden Ponds said she liked my new glasses. Very becoming, she said.  I was an April Fool to be so pleased at ninety-three.
     My blog visitors from America and abroad have dropped way, way down while I have been coping with the madness of moving to Linden Ponds. These have been the most difficult days since the last time I moved -- from Westwood to Weymouthport thirty years ago.
     What do I keep?  What do I give away or throw away or store in Kathie's basement?  Making choices is impossible.  It seems as if I can feel Alzheimer's hovering over my head, waiting to pounce.  But I must banish such negative thoughts.  Ernestine Cobern Beyer,* my mother the poet and optimistic philosopher, wouldn't approve.  
     When I am settled, I'll try to write something funny for my blog.  The problem is, there is nothing funny about moving.  Another thing that isn't funny is losing your eyesight.  My editor and friend Ed Brecher dealt with this by committing suicide.  That solution isn't on my current agenda.  I want to see what life is like at Linden Ponds.

*  See Ernestine's biography in Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment